Xiaomi recently announces the Mi Note 3 and like its predecessor it carries the same large screen and powerful internals in a very affordable price.
Redmi Note 3 specs:
– MediaTek Helio X10 processor, octa-core 64-bit Cortex-A53
– 2GB / 3GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB flash
– Full metal body in gold, silver, or dark grey
– Fingerprint sensor with 0.3s unlock, Trustonic TEE chip-level security
– 4000 mAh battery, 683 Wh/L high density, fast charging (50% in 1 hour)
– 13MP rear cam w/ PDAF (phase detection auto-focus), two-tone flash, 5MP front cam
– 5.5-inch Full HD, fully-laminated display, Xiaomi Sunlight Display technology
– Very thin (8.65mm at its thickest point), super light for a 5.5″ device (164g)
– MIUI 7 Android-based OS
Design-wise the new Redmi Note 3 is somewhat similar to the iPhone’s unibody full metal industrial design but the placement of the fingerprint sensor here is different from the iPhone instead reiterating the placement in some Android devices like the new Nexus 5X and the Huawei Mate S.
Pricing will start at 899 RMB or around Php6,600 in direct conversion for the 2GB/16 variant while the 3GB/32GB will be priced at 1,099 RMB or merely Php8,000.
The availability of the Redmi Note 3 is still unclear but we’re still hoping that it will be launched soon here in the country and the pricing will not be changed dramatically.